Thursday, March 23, 2017

Is a Summit County Ski Property a Good Short Term Rental Investment?


I get asked all the time whether owning a property in Summit County is a "good investment?"  In this detailed video, I will walk you through a spreadsheet with actual costs and benefits of owning 4 different mountain properties in Summit County, Colorado.  These numbers are from MLS information and reported actual rental numbers.  

Spoiler alert - taking into consideration appreciation and tax benefits, you can make 7-13% annually on your inital cash investment.  (And you can ski and avoid I-70 traffic on Sunday afternoons!)






As part of my ongoing client services, I often prepare these spreadsheets for buyers.  While inventory is moving fast, I'm happy to share my existing spreadsheets with potential buyers.  Just ask!



No comments: